How we handle your data
Who are we?
For the purposes of any applicable data protection laws (the “Data Protection Legislation”), PMA Contracts Limited (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’, being the organisation which determines how your personal data is used and for what purposes. Please be assured that we will comply with the Data Protection Legislation in handling your personal data
What personal data will we collect from you?
We will obtain personal data about you if you contact us or order services from us.
|Google Analytics||_ga||Used to distinguish users||Expiration time: 2 years|
|Google Analytics||_gat||Used to throttle request rate||Expiration time: 10 minutes|
|Used for convenience of visitors and contributors to the blog – so that the website remembers visitors and visitors won’t need to re-type all their authentication information once they have logged in.|
How do we use your personal data?
We will use your personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- to help us identify you;
- to improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- to improve service delivery;
- to allow us to respond to your enquiries for further information;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond, if necessary;
- to provide you with information that you have requested from us;
- to prevent and detect fraud, including searching the files of credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to determine if they hold any adverse information in relation to you;
- to contact you for the purposes of conducting research and surveys;
- to fulfill the orders that you submit to us;
- to keep our website safe and secure;
- to notify you of any changes to this website or to our business or services that may affect you;
- to comply with any of our legal obligations; and
- to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use.
Will my personal data be used for marketing purposes?
We may also contact you by mail, telephone, fax, e-mail or other electronic messaging or social media service with offers of products and services that may be of interest to you. By providing us with your fax number, telephone numbers, e-mail address and / or social media account(s) details, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive such communications from us, please e-mail us at email@example.com
Who will you share my personal data with?
We may share your personal data with:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you;
- law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by our business about you will be one of the transferred assets; or
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of website use and other agreements.
Will you keep my personal data secure?
Keeping your personal data secure is of paramount importance to us. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data against loss, destruction or damage.
While we will take such steps, please remember that the transmission of personal data via the Internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that is transferred from you or to you via the Internet.
What if I submit someone else’s personal data through your website?
We understand that there may be circumstances in which you need to provide us with the personal data of a person other than you. By doing so, you confirm that the other person has consented to you acting for them and to the processing of their personal data, and that you have informed them of our identity and the content of our terms and conditions of website use and this Policy, including the purposes for which their personal data will be processed by us. You also confirm that the other person has explicitly consented to our use and processing of their personal data (including sensitive personal data, where necessary).
Our terms and conditions of website use and this Policy will apply to any such third party personal data in the same manner that they apply to your own personal data.
Could my personal data be sent outwith the EEA?
Yes, your personal data could be sent outwith the EEA if organisations that provide services on our behalf are based outwith the EEA. By submitting your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outwith the EEA. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Can I see the personal data that you hold on me?
Yes, you have the right to request access to personal data that we may process about you.
If you would like to have access:
- put your request in writing;
- include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill); and
- specify the personal data to which you want access.
Can I contact you?
Of course. We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us at PMA Contracts Limited [address].
We may change this Policy from time to time. You should check this Policy regularly to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you access this website and provide personal data to us.
We may monitor and record communications with you (such as telephone conversations and e-mails) for the purposes of quality assurance, training and the prevention or detection of crime.
Last updated: May 2018.